Yall are all welcome to my little ole blog. I am not very interesting but I love the Lord and I love being a cowboy's wife. Praise The Lord!!! Welcome to the farm!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Shoe Man

The Shoe Man

I showered and shaved............... I adjusted my tie.
>
> I got there and sat.............. In a pew just in time.
>
> Bowing my head in prayer......... As I closed my eyes.
>
> I saw the shoe of the man next to me..... Touching my own. I sighed.
>
> With plenty of room on either side...... I thought, "Why
>
> must our soles touch?"
>
> It bothered me, his shoe touching mine... But it didn't
>
> bother him much.
>
>
> A prayer began: "Our Father"............. I thought, "This
>
> man with the shoes.. has no pride.
>
> They're dusty, worn, and scratched. Even worse, there are holes on the
>side!
>
>
> "Thank You for blessings," the prayer went on.
>
> The shoe man said............... a quiet "Amen."
>
> I tried to focus on the prayer....... But my thoughts were
>
> on his shoes again
>
> Aren't we supposed to look our best.. When walking through that door?
>
> "Well, this certainly isn't it," I thought, Glancing toward the floor.
>
> Then the prayer was ended............ And the songs of praise began.
>
> The shoe man was certainly loud...... Sounding proud as he sang.
>
> His voice lifted the rafters......... His hands were raised high.
>
> The Lord could surely hear.. The shoe man's voice from the sky.
>
> It was time for the offering......... And what I threw in was steep.
>
> I watched as the shoe man reached.... Into his pockets so deep.
>
> I saw what was pulled out............ What the shoe man put in.
>
> Then I heard a soft "clink" . as when silver hits tin.
>
> The sermon really bored me.......... To tears, and that's no lie
>
> It was the same for the shoe man..... For tears fell from his eyes.
>
> At the end of the service........ As is the custom here
>
> We must greet new visitors.. And show them all good cheer.
>
> But I felt moved somehow............. And wanted to meet the shoe man
>
> So after the closing prayer.......... I reached over and shook his hand.
>
> He was old and his skin was dark..... And his hair was truly a mess
>
> But I thanked him for coming......... For being our guest.
>
> He said, "My names' Charlie.......... I'm glad to meet you, my friend."
>
> There were tears in his eyes......... But he had a large, wide grin
>
> "Let me explain," he said........... Wiping tears from his eyes.
>
> "I've been coming here for months.... And you're the first to say 'Hi.'"
>
> "I know that my appearance........."Is not like all the rest
>
> "But I really do try................."To always look my best."
>
> "I always clean and polish my shoes.."Before my very long walk.
>
> "But by the time I get here........."They're dirty and dusty, like
>chalk."
>
> My heart filled with pain............ and I swallowed to hide my tears
>
> As he continued to apologize......... For daring to sit so near.
>
> He said, "When I get here..........."I know I must look a sight.
>
> "But I thought if I could touch you.."Then maybe our souls might unite."
>
> I was silent for a moment............ Knowing whatever was said
>
> Would pale in comparison... I spoke from my heart, not my head.
>
> "Oh, you've touched me," I said......"And taught me, in part;
>
> "That the best of any man............"Is what is found in his heart."
>
> The rest, I thought,................. This shoe man will never know.
>
> Like just how thankful I really am... That his dirty old shoe touched my
>soul
>
>
> You are special to me and you have made a difference in my life.
>
> I respect you, and truly cherish you my blog friends. Send this to your friends,
>
> No matter how often you talk, Or how close you are, >

Let old friends know you haven't forgotten them, and tell
>
> new friends you never will.
>
> Remember, everyone needs a friend.
>
> Someday you might feel like you have no friends at all. Just remember
>this story and take comfort in knowing that
>
> someone out there cares about you..... and always will.
>
> Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment