Yall are all welcome to my little ole blog. I am not very interesting but I love the Lord and I love being a cowboy's wife. Praise The Lord!!! Welcome to the farm!!!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day & Calves

Back to church for the first time in about 6 wks.  Since Bill broke his leg...it was good to be back and it felt good to be greeted so warmly. 
On the way home we had to stop at the grocery store to get a few things.  I went in and purchased the items and got change to get a newspaper.  My cowboy was parked right outside the door right next to the newspaper stands.  I threw my two bags in the back seat, and immediately went to the newspaper with change in my hand.  The newspapers were all gone so I jumped in the car and we went next door to get a paper there.  When I got out of the car I decided I wanted two papers so I reached for my wallet and it was not in my purse or on the floorboard where I thought I had put it.  So, we turned around and went back to the grocery store.  I just knew I'd left it in the buggy.  I usually always take my purse but for some reason I just carried in my wallet.  Well, it wasn't in the buggy and it was still sitting right there where I left it by the newspapers.  I went inside to see if someone had turned it in.  No such luck.  I went back outside and went through the grocery bags for the third time, looked under the seat, all through my purse again...still no wallet.  I was sick!! I had just gotten extra cash and I had 2 gift cards in my purse for 2 of my grandchildrens coming up birthdays and of course all of my credit cards, checkbook, cash, drivers license, insurance, etc and etc.  I cried all the way home.  It was Mother's Day and I wasn't feeling too loved by my children either.  At mail time on Sat I had not received any cards from either of my children nor my step daughter.  My step daughter in law and my step son had sent me a card a few days before and their children (my grandchildren) even sent me a card.  My cowboy and I don't give presents to each other so......I was really down and then this happened!  Poor ole pityful me!!  Waaaa waaaa....sob sob....
We got home and I went in and started calling about my credit cards.  I had left my number with the grocery clerk in case someone turned my wallet in.  I was praying they would call.  Well, my cowboy said, why don't I go back up there and see if maybe you put it on the car and it fell off in the parking lot or on the road somewhere.  So, he leaves and comes back and I am still trying to cancel my credit cards.  I was most upset about the gift cards and I was trying to get the company to find out how I could cancel them and take them off my credit card.  I was getting the run around.  Meanwhile, my cowboy came back with no wallet.  He called his Mom on his phone and told her what had happened and how upset I was.  I was really upset now and I couldn't find anyone on a Sunday that could help me with these gift cards!!  I said, God help me to calm down and get a grip.  I had received a text while on the phone and it was from my daughter.  I love you, Happy Mother's Day.  Wow.....a text!!  That even made me more upset!  She couldn't even call me......then I realized well, you were on the phone!!  Then my phone rang and I didn't recognize the number so I almost didn't answer it then I thought oh, its the grocery store!!  A young man asked for me and then told me he had found my wallet in the middle of the road and wanted to return it to me!!!  I was so happy...I said Praise the Lord.  He had called the only number in the book with my last name and spoke to my MIL.  I said, was it scattered all over the road and he said, no mam it was closed and all your money is still there.....I didn't touch anything, just looked at your drivers license!  He was going to bring it to me and I said oh, no....you have done enough we will come to you.  I was so relieved!!  There are STILL honest good samaritans in the world!!  We never give our younger generation enough credit of their goodness! 
Well, my daughter called me when I got home.  My step daughter and hubby called and left a message and then they called me back!!  My step son called and his daughter...my granddaughter!!  I had heard from everyone except my son!  I felt much better but I really wanted to hear from the last of my babies.  Alas, at 8PM he called.  He said you thought I wasn't going to call didn't you?  He then asked if I got his card and I said no, did you send one?  Last year, he kept asking me if I got my card and I never did get a card.  Then he called and said, well I found your card.....I never mailed it!!  He takes care of his alcoholic father and is very stressed out on his job so I was giving him the benefit of my doubts!!  He always makes me laugh.  He said well, I was gonna call late so I would be the grand finale of your day.....you know save the best for last!  He is very affectionate and told me how much he loved me and appreciated all I have done for him and for him and thanked me for being his biggest fan!!  Which I am!!  He sings like an angel and writes the prettiest songs with more heart than anyone I know.  He also plays guitar and piano all by ear.  He has a band and is excited about how well they are doing. 
Monday I got his card, my daughter called me Sun Mon and today!!  I was so excited and then she told me she was sending me something in the mail.  My step daughter said the same thing so.....we will see!! 
We have another calf!!  This one is a heifer..... yeah!!  We have three bull calves and one heifer calf.  We need those girls for breeding!  ha..  We went in the pasture to see if we could find her again cause I like to take their pictures to have for our records.  I took my baby Elwood with us.  I held him the whole time cause he loves to chase the cows.  While my cowboy fed them a snack I walked around with Elwood and looked for the babies.  After all the feed was gone, the cows started following me around.  One black cow got really close to me so I stuck Elwood out in front of me to see what the cow would do......and they touched noses!!  It was so cute......I wished I'd gotten a picture of that!!  We never did find two of the four calves so we're going back in the morning at a different time and try to catch them.  Its so much fun watching them grow.
I was excited about my tomato's too, they have a couple of blooms on them and so do my peppers.  My squash are getting big, not blooming yet.  I also planted some thyme and oregano and lavendar in an aluminum dish in the kitchen!! 
Ate lunch with my MIL.....she had heard my cowboy say he was wanting some pinto beans...........so she cooked some for her baby boy.  And she made some mexican cornbread and cabbage.  I don't love her food....cause she always put so much spices in it... like lots of pepper and jalapions (sp) and she loves garlic in everything!  I am such a bad daughter in law to talk about her like that.  I do love her, I just don't like her cooking.  But I did get some cornbread (it was black with pepper!!) not really like any mexican cornbread I had ever had so I piled the pinto beans on top of it and I got a spoon full of cabbage.  She also had marinated carrots which I don't like either.  I had brought my own glass of tea cause all she ever has is water.  The beans were okay and I ate a little of the cabbage....no carrots.  She got up to get something and I raked my cabbage and the rest of the beans in my cowboys plate.  Then she started questioning me about why I didn't get any carrots.  I told her I only liked cooked carrots....not cold carrots.  I made it through lunch and made her happy.  She is dying so it is a real effort for her to cook....and she loves to do it.  The least I can do is eat it!!  When I got home I made me a peanut butter sandwich!!
Tomorrow I am going back to pool aerobics....I've been away too long.  My cowboy started back last week.  I enjoy it once I get there, its just getting there!  I really am a homebody and I don't like to leave too often.  I certainly don't like to change into a swim suit and then out of it all at the gym.  Then I have wet clothes to take home, blah....blah.....blah!!  Waaa waaa waaa.. excuses excuses, right?  But once I get there I love it.  I hope I remember all the exercises! 
God is good......
Went to a meeting last night for my 40 yr class reunion.  It is so much fun getting together.  We always talk about somebody.....which is a great excuse to gossip.  Someone will say a name and then its like well, where are they now, what are they doing, etc.  Its just fun getting together with them.  I wasn't friends in high school with any of them.....I was a little wild thing in school.  Cheerleader and liked boys much better than girls.  Ha.....  One of the girls on the committee was a cheerleader with me.  She reminded me one night about me getting tipsy at one of the pep rallies....and I almost got caught by the principal but they guarded me so I wouldn't get in trouble.  And this county is dry!!  It was homemade wine my Dad had made and I snuck out of the house!  I was bad...not evil....just a little on the wild side.  So, its funny getting to know these folks all over again.  They are really nice folks!  One of the girls is married to the principal of the high school were we all graduated!!  It will be fun and I am hoping we all stay in contact after the reunion!
Goodnight blog!!  Better get in bed so I will feel like going to the gym! 

No comments:

Post a Comment